For your convenience, we have prepared this checklist to assist you with our rental process and rental policies at Heath Properties. Please refer to our Rental Forms page for more information and rental forms.
Step 1: View Apartment
Make an appointment with a member of our team or your own real estate agent to view the apartment you are interested in leasing. Decide if the apartment suits your needs.
Step 2: Complete Rental Application Package
Submit your completed rental application package. Original, signed forms only; copies will not be accepted. The application package consists of the following:
Completed rental applications by all applicants.
Guaranty of Lease Forms (if applicable) for each applicant.
- Applicants are required to have a qualified guarantor cosign the lease if they are a student, if they are not financially qualified to rent the apartment on their own or if they have a poor credit history. The term Students includes but is not limited to: undergraduate, graduate, medical, post doctorate, law and dental students.
- Guarantor Forms must be notarized – copies will not be accepted. Please contact a member of our team in advance to make sure you are using the correct form for the apartment you are applying for.
- International Students not able to secure Guarantors in the United States are able to submit an I-20 form in lieu of the Guarantor Form.
Comprehensive Credit Reports for each applicant and each guarantor.
- Our management team charges a $35.00 fee to pull credit. If you are applying through a real estate agent, your agent should be able to assist you in securing a copy of your credit report.
First Month’s Rent Deposit
- All deposits must be made in cleared funds (Cashier’s Check or Broker’s Check). Personal checks will not be accepted. We also do not accept cash or credit payments at the office.
Step 3: Approval Process
Our team will review your completed rental application package. Please be advised that during this process additional information may be requested. This process may take up to two business days.
Step 4: Lease Signing
Once you have been approved to lease the apartment you must schedule a lease signing at our office. Our team is available for lease signings Monday through Friday between 10:00am and 4:00pm. All prospective tenants must sign the lease within 48 hours of being approved. All applicants must be present at the lease signing.
Please Note: We will only make one appointment per apartment to sign the lease.
At the lease signing the following will be due:
- All original application paperwork (if not already provided).
- $100 check for the Key Installation Fee.
- Voided check to set up your apartment’s account for automatic monthly rent withdrawals. All tenants are required to enroll in our automatic rent withdrawal program. The full monthly rent will be debited from an account that you choose on the first business day of each month beginning the month after move in. It is suggested that a new, joint bank account be opened and used in a roommate situation.
Step 5: Deposit Payments
Move-in related deposits must be paid in accordance with your pre-lease agreement. Our office requires the following payments to be made in advance of your lease commencement date:
Payments are to be made in this order:
- First month’s rent
- Last month’s rent
- Security Deposit
- Key Installation Fee
All deposits must be paid in full within 30 days of lease signing.
All payments must be made in cleared funds (Cashier’s Check or Broker’s Check). We do not accept cash or credit card payments at the office.
Please contact a member of our team to ensure the checks are made payable to the correct entity.
Please note: We will not be able to release the keys to an apartment unless all of the steps listed above have been completed. All monies and paperwork must be submitted by the dates specified in your pre-lease agreement in order to secure the apartment. If you are unable to meet the agreed upon deadlines you must contact the office ASAP***